Be careful what you teach!
- Be aware of the pattern you are teaching (examples: hips to the fence, trailer loading and biting)
- Be proactive, not reactive
- The 'reactive' trainer - what does it look like?
- The 'proactive' trainer - what does it look like?
- The difference between focusing on what the...
Confident riding comes from confident horse training.
Relaxation is key.
Factors that do NOT build confident riders and those that do.
The main confident builders:
- Understanding the emotional level of the horse
- Learning how to raise and lower that level
- Understanding how the horse learns
What is liberty training and why do we need to be aware of what the horse is telling us during this type of training?
Horses at liberty often display a lot of conflict behaviours such as pinning ears, head tossing and tail swishing. In this webinar we discuss why this might be the case and how we...
What's the difference between positive and negative reinforcement and how, even if we don't realise it, we are using a mixture of the two when interacting with our horses.
Why it's important to know the difference between negative reinforcement and punishment and how the same cue can mean both of...
There are several reasons horses spook, including anxiety, not being engaged, having trouble concentrating, poor training history and lacking in confidence.
In this video, we discuss each of these and give you the tools to help your horse become more confident, less anxious, more engaged and...
- What are learning curves?
- How can we recognise where the horse is with the lesson and when it is going through one of these curves?
- What about human learning curves?
- Teaching a new lesson - example, teaching inside and outside turns in the round pen
- The difference between learning curves and...
What makes the difference between a poor, average and great experience for your horse when training? How can we optimize results and minimize stress for the horse?
In this webinar we discuss the following five important factors:
- The engagement zone
- Knowing your exactly which foot you are moving,...
- What is riding confidence and how do I get it?
- What makes a confident horse?
- How is the horse's emotional level important?
- How do I engage the horse with learning?
- Breaking a lesson down into the 4 basic principles
- Examples of lesson patterns
- The engagement zone and why it's important
- How you...