- What is riding confidence and how do I get it?
- What makes a confident horse?
- How is the horse's emotional level important?
- How do I engage the horse with learning?
- Breaking a lesson down into the 4 basic principles
- Examples of lesson patterns
- The engagement zone and why it's important
- How you...
Short-reining is a good bridge between long-reining and riding. Here we can raise the emotional level of the horse slightly and remain in a good position to provide a timely release of pressure.
Kandoo Training Module prerequisites for teaching this lesson are:
- Give to the Bit Module
- You are responsible for your horse's welfare
- Learning to regulate your horse's emotional level
- Working in the engagement zone
- Building a bond
- Locating training holes
- Building on strong foundations
- Horses learn patterns
- You learn so much about your horse when you train
A lot of people have asked me about my trip to India, specifically 'why India’ and how I found the India Project for Animals and Nature (IPAN).
For a long while now, I’ve been looking for a way to pay back, a way to give or help those horses that get overlooked. Horses have given me...
You can now download this article for free (but only for the next 50 days).
The Kandoo GOLD Lifetime Membership recently closed its registration doors but they will re-open mid-June 2019.
We have webinar meetings twice a week during the six to eight weeks of content delivery. These meetings are recorded for members to refer back to or watch if they were unable to attend...
This video shows you the steps I take, with a horse that already knows 1) Give to the Bit, 2) Shoulder Control, 3) Self-Carriage and 4) How to work in the Engagement Zone, when teaching bridleless riding.
The horse here is a 5/6-year-old Quarter Horse stallion that has been through all of...