- What is riding confidence and how do I get it?
- What makes a confident horse?
- How is the horse's emotional level important?
- How do I engage the horse with learning?
- Breaking a lesson down into the 4 basic principles
- Examples of lesson patterns
- The engagement zone and why it's important
- How you...
Short-reining is a good bridge between long-reining and riding. Here we can raise the emotional level of the horse slightly and remain in a good position to provide a timely release of pressure.
Kandoo Training Module prerequisites for teaching this lesson are:
- Give to the Bit Module
Learning to alter your horse's emotional level is an essential part of successful training. A horse that is too emotional is not learning but neither is one that is not engaged with the trainer.
This webinar discusses how to recognise a horse in the 'engagement zone' and how to raise and lower...
It's important that your horse learns to stand, without being restrained, for saddling.
This video is a Kandoo GOLD member's voice-over video. As a GOLD member, you can send Kate video's and they will be loaded up to the GOLD training site with a voice-over lesson. This is very useful for both...
- You are responsible for your horse's welfare
- Learning to regulate your horse's emotional level
- Working in the engagement zone
- Building a bond
- Locating training holes
- Building on strong foundations
- Horses learn patterns
- You learn so much about your horse when you train
Polo is Hill View Farm Animal Refuge's oldest orphan foal resident. He is a real credit to the Farm staff because he is so trainable and such a pleasure to handle. He has already taught many children to ride and, as a young ten-year-old, has a happy future ahead of him.